Longeveron (NASDAQ: LGVN) is a clinical stage biotechnology company developing cellular therapies for specific aging-related and life-threatening conditions. The Company’s lead investigational product is the LOMECEL-B™ cell-based therapy product (“Lomecel-B”), which is derived from culture-expanded medicinal signaling cells (MSCs) that are sourced from bone marrow of young, healthy adult donors. Longeveron is currently sponsoring Phase 1 and 2 clinical trials in the following indications: Aging Frailty, Alzheimer’s disease, the Metabolic Syndrome, Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), and hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS). The Company’s mission is to advance Lomecel-B and other cell-based product candidates into pivotal Phase 3 trials, with the goal of achieving regulatory approvals, subsequent commercialization, and broad use by the healthcare community.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to grow with our team as Director, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations (Director of CC& IR). Now is an exciting time to join Longeveron. We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth. Our work atmosphere is fast paced, stimulating, team based and results oriented.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of CC and IR is responsible for the investor relations and corporate communications program of the company. With input and guidance from the CEO and CFO, the Director of CC and IR will assist with the development of strategy and operating plans, as well as the execution of the plans. This is a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed growth stage biotechnology company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following:
• Participates in the development of the company’s IR strategy, operating plan, and budget.
• Leads the execution of the company’s IR program.
• Prepares press releases, conference call scripts, annual meeting scripts and related materials.
• Participates and supports investor presentations and discussions.
• Use statistical targeting to identify good-fit institutional investors.
• Educates and updates investors and analysts; Keeps shareholders knowledgeable about the company.
• Leads the IR effort to find, support, and encourage prospective investors by broadening awareness and interest through conferences, presentations, meetings, media, and mailings.
• Oversees contracts for and directs the capital markets database and intelligence system that supports the investor relations program.
• Collaborates with the General Counsel and finance staff on SEC filing preparation.
• Leads the email and mail distribution of relevant company news releases, publications, and SEC filings.
• Leads the maintenance of the company’s disclosure policy.
• Leads the IR website section and content.
• Manages the Company’s social media platforms and content.
Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will offer:
• College degree required, with a master’s degree desirable.
• Five+ years of experience in investor relations, finance, marketing, planning and development, or corporate communication positions for a public company or a consulting agency.
• Outstanding written communication skills.
• Excellent oral communication skills and presentation ability.
• Basic financial and investment analysis skills, including an understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company’s operating and financial performance and the resulting value for its stock.
• Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and an outstanding ability to communicate using these qualities and skills.
• A creative, flexible, energetic, efficient and resourceful team player and individual contributor.
• A person with an insatiable appetite to learn more.
This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally is required, it is anticipated that this will be 30% or more of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Commensurate with experience. Eligible to participate in equity incentive plan, retirement plan, healthcare benefits, paid time off and discretionary bonus.
Longeveron Inc. is dedicated to a diverse workforce and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.