Classification: Part-time, Consultant or Remote with opportunity for Full-time.
Longeveron Inc. is an established biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to advance the field of
regenerative medicine through the conduct of clinical trials involving novel stem cell products. We are
seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to grow with our team as a Clinical Biostatistician. Now is an
exciting time to join Longeveron. We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to
providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth. Our work
atmosphere is fast paced, stimulating, team based and results oriented.
Longeveron Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Biostatistician. The Biostatistician provides
statistical support and collaborates with clinical and translation researchers on the development,
implementation, and analysis of data. This position requires a self-starter with a positive and flexible attitude,
who can work independently and also collaborate closely and positively with team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following:
• Formulates analysis plans and writes detailed specifications for analysis of files, consistency checks,
tables, and figures.
• Communicates with clients regarding statistical analysis issues.
• Interprets analyses and writes statistical sections of study reports.
• Prepares results for progress reports, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications.
• Maintains and documents studies’ databases.
• Preferred Knowledge of clinical trial database construction and electronic data capture system creation.
• Works closely with SAS Programmers to create SDTM and ADaM specifications and datasets, if needed.
• Consults with study investigators on planning and specifying statistical analysis.
• Provides support to resolve barriers to analysis and consults with other methodologists and statisticians.
• Adheres to company and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards company assets.
• Communicates effectively across all functional groups so that schedules and scopes of the projects are
• Develops project timelines and tracks contract deliverables (in Gantt charts or similar tool);
• Assembles, analyzes and reports project metrics for internal and external stakeholders;
Identifies project issues such as resource, technical or scheduling constraints, and assists to resolve these
issues internally and with external stakeholders by development of risk assessments, summarized
options and proposed solutions;
• Ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget and scope, and conform to pre-established
• Assists with the development of project plans and monitors for accomplishment;
Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining sensitive, confidential and trade
• Works hours as needed to complete required tasks (may be required to work after hours and/or
weekends as needed as part of stipulated salary) and position requires frequent domestic and
international travel as needed; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or similar field required, PhD preferred.
• Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
• Proficiency with statistical software, particularly SAS, R and Stata, QC and data analysis preferred
• Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
• Thrives in a start-up environment where it is critical to take initiative, and get things done with
limited instruction and oversight.
• Advanced proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Read, write and speak fluent English; excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Pharmaceutical, drug development and clinical research experience preferred.
This is a high growth, fast paced small organization. The ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment is critical. Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally is required, it is anticipated that this will be less than 20% of work time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The above job description is
not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any
other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Commensurate with experience. Eligible to participate in equity incentive plan, retirement plan,
healthcare benefits, paid time off and discretionary bonus.
Longeveron Inc. is dedicated to a diverse workforce and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.